Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun to medium to really big. The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friends list (or friends of friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Icons! I would absolutely adore it if somebody made an icon or two for me! I always mean to make some new ones for myself, but then I get busy and forget, and I'm not all that great at icon-making anyway. No requests, just...anything! I would feel very special about any icon someone made especially for me.
2. Fic! Or art! Of course. Really, I would be so ecstatic to receive any kind of fic or art, I can't even come up with any requests. But I adore Saiyuki, of course, and I particularly like Hakkai/Gojyo (duh), Koymou/Ukoku, Goku/Sanzo, and any combination of Hakkai, Sanzo, and Gojyo. Also, Kougaiji and Doku! I have a special fondness of AU stories and cracky presmises, and I also love pr0n and fluffy, cute, feel-good stories. Drama and angst are also great! ...Honestly, I love everything.
3. Manga! The virtual kind, I mean. (I love the physical kind too, but I have no more room left on my bookshelves as it is! Erk.) I, um, really like yaoi, SHOCK GASP. So if anyone knows of any particularly pretty titles that have lots of boykissing, I would be super happy if they sent them my way.
4. Music! I love music. All kinds, but especially pop and rock. I like to get music that other people like, and gather things from other people's collections, so if anybody wanted to send me a few of their favorite songs, I would really enjoy that.
5. Mail! I love receving mail, so if anybody wanted to drop me a card or letter or anything, I would be extremely excited. Honestly, I am not too difficult to please. I'd be thrilled with a simple note, and I'd be even more thrilled with any sort of surprise treat, like a pretty pencil or packet of tea or whatever. I just like mail!
If you would like to send me anything of the non-virtual variety, drop a comment here or e-mail me and I'll glady send you my address. Also, if you have a holiday wishlist of your own, please link me to it, so I can see if there's anything I can do for you! :D